Beautiful Organic Spelt.........





These pictures were taken the evening of Tuesday, July 29th. Ben was just about to arrive home from Riverdale market with my stepdaughter and her friend, while I went out and took these shots. Here our neighbour is combining our glorious spelt. A BEAUTIFUL crop this year! Because we had worried about hail damage, this crop was specially insured as well. I don't know how, but we managed to combine the spelt, get the straw bailed and put away, along with cutting, bailing and putting away our second cut hay field!! Whew! Once again, if it was not for our wonderful neighbours, the Schibli family, none of this larger scale organic farming would be possible..... In fact Karl Schibli was just over this morning calling me the 'pig farmer' laughing as all my pigs ran loose all over. He thinks we are doing a good job with them, happy pigs. He comes by to visit some Sundays and buys some fresh eggs too. Like I've said many, many times, alot of how Ben and I operate this organic farm would not be possible without this kind family. We are very lucky to share a fence line with these folks!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta

September is Pepper month!

TIME TO ORDER OUR ORGANIC PEROGIES & CABBAGE ROLLS!!