The Positives........






These pics were taken this morning, after the depressing 'crop damage' ones! Have to think positive! While my stepdaughter sleeps in, (she's been up early every day this past week working hard on the farm - I'm spoiling her today...) I let all the pigs loose, clean the pens, cook up potatoes for the swine & enjoy the sunny day, while I check out my crops. The forecast looks decent. Ben dug potatoes very early this morn for market tomorrow, my amigos are out there picking up the spuds and putting them in hampers to be washed and graded, then they'll cut some zucchini. They finished picking up our dug garlic yesterday while we sold in Toronto. (I will blog about Domingo and Miguel soon. These guys are wonderful...) The ducks love hanging around in my back yard under the big shade tree. The beans, (Green Beans fresh for markets this first week of August!) carrots, heirloom tomatoes & leeks are all holding their own quite well during the rain storms. We are even cutting a new broccoli patch. (not that nice, broccoli suffers in the heat...) The only problem is tomato ripeness. When they do ripen, they crack, split and go bad FAST. So I've been educating my customers to accept slightly unripe tomatoes this year and let them finish ripening on their countertop, because I cannot spoil everyone with gorgeous ripe, hard tomatoes this year. Remember folks, it was hot and dry last year......I think Ben's going to try and plant some late broccoli today, more basil too.....

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta

September is Pepper month!

TIME TO ORDER OUR ORGANIC PEROGIES & CABBAGE ROLLS!!