July field treasures...

We planted strawberries today, washed out cabbage bins, topped the basil (remove the top so the plants gets 'bushier') and cultivated and hoed some more! Layed pipes and are getting ready to irrigate again. I went for a wander around the fields today to scout the crops and was excited to say the least! Found a ripe oxheart tomato out there, Roma's are absolutely gorgeous too! I think it may be a 'tomato year'!!! Cucumbers are vining out nicely and I actually found a few for supper!! Peppers are sucking in the heat and I found the first jalapeƱo and hot banana peppers out there! Green Beans are blossoming, watermelons are vining, eggplants are growing like crazy!! They endured a lot of pest damage as they always do, but we used some Entrust and got rid of the pests so the plants could continue to thrive! Usually something negative catches my eye out there, like I spot a possible infestation, the onset of some disease, weed pressure that makes me wince- but you know what? Today I have very little to complain about. Sure, it is not perfect out there but I tell ya, the early treasures I found and the strength of those beautiful plants make me very happy and very proud today!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta

September is Pepper month!

TIME TO ORDER OUR ORGANIC PEROGIES & CABBAGE ROLLS!!