I love Siberia.

You live in Canada.  It's cold and snowy in the winter. Suck it up.  If I have one more person whine to me about the cold temps I'm going to pile drive their face into one of the many snow piles here on the farm. It's annoying that I can't fire the greenhouse because it's -25 at night. Burning that kind of oil is just not wise. So we wait.  In the meantime I grow a bit under grow lights indoors. The truth is that I have been stressing out as I LOVE an early jump start on the season.  The edge on early veg, but this year it's just at a standstill.  Our bottom line is dependant on these crops and seeding on time is important.  So ok, it you make your living by the weather like I do you can whine to me about this Siberian weather!
I am once again trying to be calm and smile like Ben. He's the dude. He drove by me while I was in the office with the whole greenhouse furnace on the forks of the tractor. He was just grinning. He knew I would freak out that he's decided to rip apart the greenhouse and fix rather than get it hot and start the growing process! Relax, he says.
So instead I snuggle up with my awesome kids and we wait. Goodbye February. Hello March. Please be warmer :)


Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta

September is Pepper month!

TIME TO ORDER OUR ORGANIC PEROGIES & CABBAGE ROLLS!!